So I'm in a state of wonderment right now, if that is even a word....the other day while walking I was listening to a little Kelly Clarkson (love her!), and I always skipped her slow songs. This particular day I didn't and when the song "Cry" (wow, I just learned how to put a link in the blog..wow) came on, instead of just skipping past it I listened to it. I must have not been walking that fast..ha. Anyway, as I was listening I thought Man, this would be a super fun song to sing alone in the car, it was awesome, totally powerful, and I instantly wanted to go download a karaoke version of it. It seemed in my range, if I could just go into my "head voice" for the last insane high part that Kelly effortlessly belts out. So, the next day I found the karoake version online and just so I wouldn't sing the words on the wrong part, I decided to sing it along with Kelly and the lyrics a couple times. Choosing a time that I thought my upstairs neighbors would be gone, since our walls are like paper thin, I sat in my bedroom and started belting out...I think if anyone would have heard that version of Cry they seriously would have cried! It was just one big flat screech fest...The only thing that could save me was that there was a key changer on the karoake site, thank goodness.
So I am having this inner dilemma...My friend is teaching voice lessons and I really want to take from her (if she ends up teaching adults.) I feel like some times in my life I had an ok voice, the thing I lack most is the confidence just to really sing it out! All my life I've been in song and dance groups, and when it was time to audition for solos every girl would just immediately belt it out full-heartedly while I would just sing timidly and then on the way home in the car I would practice over and over again belting it out while no-one was listening and could do it just fine. I feel like I am SOOO LOUD when I do it, and would hurt the people's ears next to me. Which I believe means two things...one, I am probably singing incorrectly, and two, I've got some lungs, some really powerful ones, so if I could just learn to use them the right way, I could probably have a pretty good voice. So, do I take voice lessons now and try to really learn how to sing, and really more importantly some confidence, or, just let that part of my life pass by and not worry about it. It's not like I perform anymore, maybe once every couple years in church or something....So that is my dilemma of the day. Very interesting I know. But it's something I really wish I could do. Just for a week, a month have some confidence that I actually figured out how to use these lungs and vocal chords and see if I am just fooling myself, or see if maybe I can actually learn how to sing...We'll see I guess! You're never too old right?? Ha! That's it for now. The End.
No comments:
Post a Comment