Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

14 Weeks

So to our very fun surprise, at our first doctors appt. on Thursday we found out we are 14 weeks along, not 11 :)  We thought this baby was just a super good swimmer and all and we'd have the next Michael Phelps in our family, by swimming through birth control. But no, looks like after this appt. that the one time we weren't so careful.....worked.....and whalah, we have a baby!



This doctors appt was the neatest, coolest experience I could have ever hoped for. I have seen dozens of ultrasound pictures of other babies, but when that doctor put the gadget thingy up to my belly and I saw that baby, oh my goodness, I can not even describe how incredible that was.  It was AMAZING.  I couldn't believe it's amazing little hands and feet (that got me the most), and to see it's heart beating. The doctor immediately looked at Austin and said "Look what you did to her..(smile)"  We could even see it yawning.  I could not believe it.  Doctor Holmes said, "So you guys think you are 11 weeks along huh?"  "Yeah we think,"  "No, you're a lot farther than that"  He measured and then said, yep, 14 weeks. Due October 26th.  (Which is so awesome because I am due on Austin's dad's B-day, and Nicole is due on My dad's B-day).  The whole day I could not stop smiling.  I loved watching Austin look at the Ultrasound too.  It was just so so so cool.  Dr. Holmes also said if he had to guess he would say he saw a little pee pee (yes, using those words).  So WE ARE STOKED!  Best day ever.  I just can't believe how amazing that little miracle is.  So I left knowing I had a lemon instead of a plum inside me :)  Anyway, good times.  He was the cutest little thing, with the cutest little belly and just oh man, it was AWESOME! 

1 comment: